Cliff’s about to go on his practical training in latest blog
Cliff Raw is training to become a plumber with Train4TradeSkills and is one of our student bloggers. In his latest blog, Cliff is about to go on his first week of practical training and blogs about how he is feeling.
The time has come to go for my practical training. After a bit of confusion about dates I am due to start on Tuesday 3rd May at the Featherstone centre in Wakefield. Though I feel well prepped and ready I have got a little bit of the nerves going on as this is very important time for me, as completing this stage of the course will make me feel more like a plumber rather than the joiner i have been for the last 15 years.
The syllabus for week 1 practical training is as follows.
Copper pipework installation practical & theory. City & Guilds 6129 assessments
• Working with copper pipe: measuring, cutting and bending to specific radius’
• Preparing pipe for jointing & jointing techniques
• Working with LPG
• Interpreting design drawings & installing pipework to specification
• Pre-commissioning tests of installation pipework, soundness testing etc.
• 6129 Safety assessment
• 6129 copper tubing assessment
• Safety in plumbing activities
• Key plumbing principles
As it is a bank holiday on Monday we will be fitting all this into 4 days rather than the usual 5 days so I am expecting longer days and to be very full on days at that, I am quite used to working under pressure so this will not be a problem to me.
Also this week i would like to say a big thanks to Tom & Ian at T4TS for all their help, You’re real gentlemen, I hope to meet you both so I can thank you in person.
That’s it for this week i still have things to do before tomorrow but ill be back next weekend to let you all know how it went.
Thanks for reading,
- Cliff talks £5 cellars, bad formulas and plumbing training in latest blog (train4tradeskills.wordpress.com)
- T4TS Radio: Michael Parish talks about his plumbing course (train4tradeskills.wordpress.com)
Posted on May 4, 2011, in construction jobs, construction news, plumbing, plumbing courses, plumbing jobs, Plumbing News, train4tradeskills and tagged ATL, City and Guilds, Cliff Raw, Featherstone, Plumber, plumbing courses, plumbing training, t4ts, t4ts practical training, train 4 trade skills, train4tradeskills, train4tradeskills wakefield centre, training, Wakefield. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.