Train4TradeSkills Bright Sparks: Cliff blogs about his T4TS Plumbing Course: October 2011
Now it’s time to start level 3 and its quite a shocker starting right in at the deep end with Gas Installation A, which is Module 33.
I still don’t have a mentor but time waits for no man so I am getting on with the theory regardless, this first module of gas is mainly an introduction to gas and is quite daunting in the fact that there are lots of new regulations and BS to reference from, The advice given to me at my last practical training session was to forget the plumbing while doing the gas, as it’s a completely separate discipline and it is easy to confuse yourself with too much information.
The reference material for this module is as follows.
• Gas (installation & use) Regulations 1998(GSIUR)
• Utilization Procedures IGE/UP/1B Edition 2:Tightness testing & purging of small natural gas installation.
• BS 6891: 2005 Installation Pipework in Domestic Premises.
• BS 6400-1 Installation of domestic sized meters. Low pressure supply
• BS 6400-1 Installation of domestic sized meters. Medium pressure supply
• Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002
So as you can see this is a lot of reference material to gather and read and also as usual British Standards Institution publications are extraordinarily over priced and outside the of the reach of students such as myself at about £300 for BS 6400 1&2.
Also copy right laws mean you can’t find these documents to download. Personally I think it is a complete con and will never pay such outrageous prices for any such publications even if I was on gas installer’s income and I think that is the general fact in the industry nobody bothers to purchase them.
You can read all of Cliff’s blogs about his plumbing course and practical training diaries at www.plumbing-student.blogspot.com
- Cliff’s Train4TradeSkills Practical Training Diary – Week 5 (train4tradeskills.wordpress.com)
- T4TS How to Guides: Cliff’s Train4TradeSkills Practical Training – Week 6 (t4tshowtoguides.wordpress.com)
Posted on October 20, 2011, in plumbing, plumbing courses, plumbing jobs, Plumbing News, t4ts, train4tradeskills, Train4TradeSkills Bright Sparks and tagged ATL, Cliff Raw, Education, Featherstone, Plumber, plumbing course, plumbing diary, practical training, t4ts, t4ts reviews, Test (assessment), Train4trades, train4tradeskills, train4tradeskills practical, train4tradeskills practical training, train4tradeskills student, Tutor, Welding. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.